Get in motion and help stop child hunger in Michigan
Each day over 500,000 children in Michigan go hungry.
Despite the efforts of many dedicated organizations and agencies, food insecurity remains a serious problem in Michigan. According to the Food Security Council food insecurity grew in 2020 to approximately 1.9 million people in Michigan, including 552,000 children. While we may not know the full impact of the pandemic on food insecurity, the lack of access and availability of food, poverty, job instability, food shortages and waste, nutritional quality, and other reasons continue to affect people in Michigan.
Join the 6th Annual Michigan Conference 5K for Child Hunger Relief: Walk, Run, Ride or Wag
Get in motion with friends, family, your pets, your church and others to help stop child hunger! All participants get a T-shirt. Running hats and pet bandanas are available, too.
100% of your donation goes to relieve child hunger
Generous sponsors have covered the cost of T-shirts for the first 650 registrants, so 100% of your registration fee will go to agencies that serve and work to relieve child hunger in all counties in Michigan.
ways you can participate
Register for the onsite timed event in Grand Traverse Resort for Thursday, June 2 at 11:00 a.m. OR...
- Walk, Run or Ride the course at Grand Traverse Resort anytime June 1 - 4.
- Plan a group event at your local church. Most churches are planning their event for Sunday, June 5.
- Plan events for Youth Groups or Vacation Bible Schools.
- Walk, Run or Ride your way - you pick the time - we still want your photos! Use #MIUMC5K on social media.
- Plan a puppy play date - organize a dog walking event complete with pet bandanas.
- Take pledges for your personal 5K.
- Challenge another church in your community to join you and match your efforts.
- Can't go that far? One of last year's participants signed up his grand kids to each walk for him!
- Make a donation, or sponsor weekend meals for a child for a month, half a school year, or whole school year.
Every little bit you do makes a great difference to a hungry, developing child
Registration closes Thursday, May 5 for guaranteed T-shirt delivery
Resources to Organize a Group Event
Paws to make a difference!
These pets don't want to see any child go hungry, so they're hitting the trails to raise money too! Register your favorite pet to help kids!
|Bela Esperanca||Anna Fat Cat||Maybelle Hurricane Bolson||Sophie||Dee O Gee|